Friday, August 28, 2009

Summer cold

An average cold I can handle but this one has been a doosy. I've been sick for over a week now and am only 75% normal.

Started out with the achy chills, then a soar throat, then the ear popping..... brought back so many painful memories of my youth, the dreaded ear infection! After 2 days of ear discomfort, Saturday the pain struck and I had hubby drive me to the GF hospital to get a prescription. While waiting in the er curtain bed I over heard the nurses complaining about stupid people getting a soar throat and ear pain and not going to their doctors and wasting their time in the er.... excuse me! I was so upset, my doc is only open 2 days a week otherwise I'd have went to him and not wasted my time going to the er just to get snubbed!

Turned out I have 2 infections in the one ear, an inner ear infection (which is normal for me) and an abscess in the outer ear next to the ear drum. Got a script for antibiotics, ear drops and T3's for pain.

Later Saturday, the cold progressed into a cough and sinus cold. Monday I woke up with my right eye glued shut with pink eye. Ivy got pink eye the week before and since I was the one washing her eye and giving her the eye drops I wasn't too surprised I got it, luckily we have left over eye drops. After a few days the eye looks and feels much better.

I'm feeling a bit better each day but the ear hasn't healed yet, it's almost there. It's doing lots of popping again, and I've lost half my hearing in it but not too much pain, also had some drainage from it this morning ( a good sign). Sinuses are draining too, and I only cough to remove phlem, so that is better too.

10 days this cold has lasted, if it wasn't for the ear infections, I'd be all clear by now but I guess it's better to get it all at once to get it all out of my system before school starts for the girls.

1 1/2 weeks till school starts! Ivy is excited and so is Anna! I hope Ivy can adjust to going school all day without too many problems, I know it will be hard on everyone to get up at 7 am to get her ready for the bus at 8am. But we shall try our best!

No comments: