Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vacation part 3

Holy Influx of Visitors Batman!!
I am quite surprised by the recent boost in my blog readers, where and how did they come across my blog? I have a feeling it is because of the Barkerville post, but WOW!
~
The girls have started school, Ivy in grade 2 and Anna in Kindergarten. I am filled with lost of mix feelings: I'm happy they are in school, excited for Anna, nervous for Anna and her Galactosemia, Proud of both, Lonely without them...
I'll post pictures as soon as my friend e-mails me, I forgot my camera yesterday when they got off the bus.
They both loved school the first day, the real test will come next week when it's full days for both. There will be a bunch of changes this first month in the classes as there are more kids then the school had expected. And I've been contacted by the special Ed teacher to set up an IEP for Anna and for me to teach them about Galactosemia.
~
Back to the Vacation.
After leaving Barkerville we headed towards Prince George, we almost got lost and quickly got the hell out of that city, Mike and I hate large cities and agreed to avoid densely populated areas after that.
For most of the trip so far, we stopped at schools to let the kids out to play while I made lunch/dinner. It was an excellent plan as the parking lots are big enough for the truck and trailer to turn around and the girls loved the different playgrounds.
This is in McBride, a random boy played with the girls, he even waited for them to finish eating so they could play again, I think he had a crush on Ivy.
The next day we traveled through Mount Robson Provincial Park. Very few people know this trivia fact about me: I love Waterfalls and Mountains! This is why I love the Parks!
Most of these pictures don't need comments, click photo for a larger view.
Rearguard Falls:
Moose lake:

We have now crossed over to Alberta into the Jasper National Park. I love the twisting rock formations, I wish I could have witnessed the making of these mountains.
I could never grow tired of looking at this mountain(next 4 shots, all the same mountain), all it's twisting, folding and up heaving, I am full of awe. Unbenounced to me it was the last mountain on our way out of the park towards Hinton ALB.
We then spent 3 nights visiting friends around the Whitecourt area, for some reason the camera was never brought out at all, typical for us. After that we re-entered Jasper NP and worked our way home.
To be Continued...

No comments: