Monday, February 13, 2012

Melting...

I'm melting... Melting....

Well, not me really but the snow outside. It's been above freezing for 4-5 days now and all the snow/ice on the side roads have turned into squishy yucky slush!  The tire tracks are still frozen but the dog pulls me off the slim path and into the slush while we are out for our walks... and my boots are not very waterproof any more since he decided they taste better that his raw hide treats.

Samuel is such a handsome dog.  He is growing like a weed, already taller and heavier than Rupert ever was, sometimes we forget he is still a puppy not even 6 months old. But this puppy is chewing on my last nerve!  Saturday he stole food (the girls) off the table 3 times in one hour and that's with telling him NO, smacking on the nose and sticking him in the kennel after every theft! Sunday he stole Ivy's lunch when she went to the bathroom!  It's not like he is staving, he gets fed 3 times a day and has lots of pig's ears, raw hides and toys.  We think it was an act of rebellion because Mike was away for the weekend to his friends in Castlegar.  It's frustrating to no end!  When it's just me and Samuel all day during the week, he is very well behaved. We have our routine and know what to expect from each other but when the girls and Mike are home, sheesh! It all goes out the door!

Well, anyhow back to the weather.  I hope spring has sprung, I hope winter isn't hiding around the corner waiting for everything to melt, for plants to green up and then Blam it hits us again with freezing and snow and ruins the trees.... I guess the only thing to do is wait...

Mike was saying the passes have hardly any snow, and if it continues to melt it will be an early break up and without the snow pack it will be a long dry summer which means a long fire season as well. And that scares the heck out of me!!

Anyhow, it'll be a busy week for me, just about every day at the school. Time to get going....

No comments: