Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Post #40 ~ Sleeping Angel or....


How can one sweet little girl cause so much chaos? I think she loves to make everyone around her upset, that way she can sleep peaceful. I'm joking of course but some days I have to wonder....

Monday was such a night.

I had just tucked Anna in bed and Mike and I had settled on the sofa to watch a movie (Dan in real life, a wonderful movie!) after a few minutes Anna was talking to herself as she usually does then when she realized no one was listening she started to call out for me, this I ignored. After a couple more mins the calling has turned into crying "Mooommmmmy" still I ignored her hoping she'd just cry herself to sleep....then the shrieking began. I gritted my teeth paused the movie and then realized that both girls were screaming, I stomped to their room ready to give Anna heck for waking her big sister. Then worry hit me when I opened the door and saw Ivy standing on her bed, then the weight of the world came crashing down on me with 4 little words: "I Peed my bed"

Aarrrggg!!! I didn't get mad. I was screaming in my head but I didn't let the girls know that. I called for Mike to take Anna out of the room while I stripped Ivy and her bed, Then I washed her down and Mike dried and dressed her. I'm so thankful we have a plastic mattress protector on her bed! Actually we've been lucky with Ivy, I can count the number of times she has wet the bed on 1 hand, not bad for only being potty trained for a year. I don't know how she managed to get every piece of her bedding wet but she did, luckily I have tons of sheets for her bed and tones of extra blankets in my room. Ivy was so exited to crawl back in bed under "Mommy's blankie". While I made the bed Mike and girls snuggled on our bed and the whole time Anna was still fussing and trying to pick a fight with her sis. We knew that both girls would not be able to fall asleep in the same room while bickering so I tucked Ivy in her bed and Mike tucked Anna in our bed. They both settled down nicely and Mike and I went back to our movie. Aaaahhh, quiet finally!

After the Movie, I went to move Anna back to her bed and I was met by this angelic face, hard to believe that only 2 hours before she was screaming her head off, scaring the pee out of her Sis and picking a fight with everyone.

She better be thankful she so dang cute. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet baby, poor little girl... one of the guys down the road makes his own beer, though I don't like beer Steve said it's darn good... Hope you are feeling better now, and your week of torment is behind you... Hugs to you and yours...