Friday, May 15, 2009

Anna's Surgery

All is well!
We got to Vancouver safely Sunday evening, had a bit of a visit with Rob and JL before bed.

Monday morning Anna fasted for her surgery, she didn't want to eat the jello nor apple juice so she was fairly hungry by the time we got to the hospital. The doctor was running an hour late, which we expected, but the surgery only took 45mins, which was fast.

There was no complications: Anna went under nicely, the lump came out intact, the incision was a bit larger then Doc first stated, Anna came out of anesthetic wonderfully (she acts like a drunk'n sailor but with no cussing) and she seems to be healing nicely too!

Monday night she awoke every few hours, I think it was bugging her but she didn't complain, just needed hugs. The drive home on Tuesday was good, once around Princeton she cried out in pain, mostly because the pain meds had worn off and she needed to walk around. Tuesday night she was up a bit. Wednesday night she took some Tylenol but was in and out of bed most of the night, just needed cuddles, no complaints from her, and Thursday night she was fine.

This a video of Anna after the operation, coming out of the anesthetic.

And this is Anna sleeping off a dose of Tylenol with codeine before we left the hospital.

This a cropped photo of her big bandage, Mike took it in front of the mirror and didn't realize he captured "all of her". Notice the Doc's initials (ES) so they would operate on the wrong side nor on the wrong kid :S

This Anna's side tonight, the bandage is off and the stitches are covered with the sterie strips (until Monday/Tuesday) the bandage left lots of sticky gunk and I'm afraid to scrub too hard to remove it, we can't bath her till the strips come off.


LINA said...

So happy all went well... She is so darn cute... Hugs to you all...

Brenda Jean said...

Oh my gosh, that is a big incision! She is such a sweetie to have done SO well. I think I would have been MUCH crankier than that. Give her a big hug from me.