Friday, June 24, 2011

OMG!

We had quite the scare today!

Ivy and Anna were playing nicely outside this morning but within a few minutes I hear Anna yelling "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I-VEEEE! I'm sorry". This is normal for the girls, Anna always yells and usually Ivy tattles on her about some silly little thing.

I thought, Gees why can't they play nice when all of a sudden Ivy come rushing in, crying and covered in BLOOD! WTF! was my first .5 second reaction the other.5 second was ripping off the towel on my head (just had a shower) and start wiping the blood off Ivy to see how hurt she was. It was dripping down her face, down her arm, splashing on her legs and the floor. Her hands were covered from holding her head, I pressed the towel to her head and rushed her to the bathroom so I could sit her down and really look.

After a minute(felt like hours)and once the towel absorbed most of the blood, I could see the source of blood was a small hole/cut. I didn't panic, I know the head bleeds more that the rest of the body. I got Ivy to press on the towel while I called the Doctor. He was just out to lunch and the receptionist said the same I was thinking, it's a small cut, lots of blood but should be okay, go to Hospital if it'll make me feel better. By the time I got back to Ivy the bleeding had stopped so I cleaned her up and got the whole story.

The girls were playing nicely, Anna was up in the fort and Ivy was under. Anna threw out the little chair attached to the pulley rope at the same time Ivy was backing out from underneath. One of the chair's legs hit Ivy square on the head. Purely an accident and one that Anna has learned much from. Anna felt really bad and cried more than Ivy, I made her attend to Ivy during lunch to make up for it.

It's 7 hours later and Ivy is doing great, other than a tender goose egg with a tiny wound that opens when she forgets and scratches it. Me on the other hand has a dozen more gray hairs!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow Leslie!
That does sound scary! I didn't notice at all when I saw Ivy on Saturday. I am glad that she is alright.

Bea @ The Not So Cheesy Kitchen said...

oh, how scary, Leslie. Hugs to you and both of the girls!