Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Post # 30 ~ New visitor

I had a new visitor to the yard today. While out feeding rabbits this morning the birds where all out and singing even the crows, one seems particular noisy by the lilacs and

I told him to shut up and go away, he didn't. So I went to turn around and throw a snow ball at him and he turned out to be a Blue Jay!! I've never seen one in person before, I can't get over how blue he was! I ran back in the house to get the camera,

hoping all the way that the bird wouldn't take off. I almost squealed in delight when he was still there when I got back. He wouldn't let me get too close and if/when I did sneak in for a close-up, Rupert would run up and scare him off. I wonder if he will be around tomorrow, I'll have to make sure my camera is with me when I first go outside.

No comments: